Friday, February 20, 2009

Gearing up for 2.0

I am very excited to be part of this social assignment and to understand what techonologies are out there so that I can use them as tools to connect better with library patrons. Some things require a little more homework than others like wikis and RSS feed, but the more familiar with them you become the easier it will be to explain it to other people. Right now I am hooked on Twitter. Twitter lets you blog about yourself or others in 140 characters. On this site people can ask to follow you and you can find others you know have signed up. I like being able to communicate with friends I've made at conferences. I also follow other personalities like those local television stations because they tweet about local news that's important to Owensboro. That's how I got the scoop on the city of Owensboro purchasing the Executive Inn. This is a very casual way to network.

No comments: